The very last spot

Julianna Mullen, Staff Reporter

Parking passes this year were not an easy thing to receive. The competition was fierce, and the process was lengthy. Somehow, this candidate was the last person to receive a spot and they got the very worst one.

You may be thinking to yourself, “Who is this person?” It’s Senior Joey Donut!

Now, you may be wondering how he accomplished such a difficult task. Well, to put it simply, Joey just makes sure he completes some simple chores. He sleeps in until 3 a.m. every day and then comes to the school grounds to mow the lawn. After this hour-long task, he finds himself washing the lunch trays. By the time he has finished that, he is ready for more. He pulls out the vacuum and mop and cleans the floors of every classroom and wipes down all the windows and desks. At this point, the faculty has arrived and he begins to study for the day. He first reads 200 pages of his latest novel and then moves on to reviewing all his work.

He goes about his day as an avid participant in each of his classes. When it comes to lunch he slips on an apron, gloves, and a hairnet and promptly helps to serve lunch.

Once school has ended, he then goes to football where he is the star quarterback and captain. He even drives many of his teammates home. But his day isn’t over yet; he makes his way back to the school where he attends all of his extracurricular activities. As the student body president, Joey meets with his advisers to plan a funding event for homecoming. In addition to being president, he is also the leader of several extracurriculars including Cure for Cancer Club, Hiking Everest Club, and the Nobel Prize Club. Once all that is done, he once again mops, vacuums, and wipes everything down.

When asked how he feels about receiving the spot he explains, “I didn’t do it all for the spot but it’s nice to have it. I just wish I would’ve received a better spot; I know I didn’t do much, but I wish I did more.”