Spotlight on class of 2024 commits

Julianna Mullen, Staff Reporter

Maddy Burns 

D1 Softball at Villanova 

“I chose Villanova because the academics are very good, their softball team is also really good, and the school is in a good area.” 

What does your sport mean to you? “It’s what I use to deal with stress and enjoy and something that I am good at.” 

What are you planning to study? “Either Health Science or Nursing.” 

Riley Cloude 

D2 Field Hockey at Slippery Rock University 

After visiting Slippery Rock for the first time, it always felt like that was where I was meant to be; the small campus and safe town surrounding was very comforting. The opportunity to do my desired major and play my sport was also a big attracting factor. The campus, coaches and players made me feel so welcome and reminded me so much of home.” 

What does your sport mean to you? “To me, my sport means my escape from everything and my happy place. It can sometimes be an emotional rollercoaster, but for the most part, it’s where I make my best memories.” 

What are you planning to study? “Public Health or Psychology.” 

Alya Galloway 

D1 Lacrosse at Mercer University 

Mercer is right by my grandparents, and they have never been able to watch me play, but now that I’m able to go to this Georgia College, they can watch me play a lot more often, along with Mercer University having great coaching and opportunities which is why I fell in love with the school and its program. I loved it as soon as I got there, and I just had a feeling that it was the place I wanted to spend my next four years!” 

Favorite Memory? “Being able to play this sport with some of the most supportive group of girls and finding my love for it.”  

How long have you played? “11 years!” 

Anna Miller 

D1 Lacrosse at UMBC 

“Once I toured UMBC my decision was easy. UMBC has a beautiful campus, it is close to family, welcoming environment, and amazing coaches.” 

Favorite Memory? “The friendships formed, the team environments and the many great successes achieved are all great memories I will hold on to for life. I am so grateful that lacrosse has played such a prominent role in my life.” 

What are you planning to study? “For sure something science or math related!” 

Cam Rohner 

D1 Lacrosse at the Naval Academy 

“I wanted to be able to get a great education and play the sport I love. I chose Navy because I will have the opportunity for that, and I can become one of the best.”  

How long have you played? “This is my 12th year!” 

Do you know what you are majoring in? “Definitely something science related.” 

Erin-Kate Roeder 

D1 Lacrosse at UMass Lowell  

When I first visited my school, I knew I wanted to go there. Everything about the school – the coaches, players, and campus – all influenced me to go there. The biggest influence for me, however, was being able to do my major and not have to miss class and it not affecting my playing time.” 

How long have you played? “12 years!” 

What are you planning to major in? “Biomedical Engineering.”