Fallstonian 2000s Winner

Kaitlin Doody Bowen then and now with her Fallstonian award. Photo Courtesy of Kaitlin Doody Bowen.

Addy Rebasti, Staff Reporter

Over the years, Fallston has seen 42 Fallstonian winners. The 2005 winner, Kaitlin Doody Bowen, was quite an impressive winner. However, she was not expecting it. 

“As they read, I gradually realized, by process of elimination, that they were talking about me,” Bowen says, reflecting on the moments leading up to her name being called as Fallstonian at the Senior Awards Ceremony. “It was such a special recognition and I felt so honored to be recognized among my entire senior class with this distinction.”  

Bowen was a more-than-deserving winner, participating in many school activities including playing soccer and softball, serving as Editor-in-Chief of The Print, and participating as an active member in Student Government Association, Best Buddies, National Honor Society, National German Honor Society, Orchestra, and Peer Tutors. Out of school, she also participated in travel soccer, club softball, the Maryland Association of Student Councils, along with volunteering at St. Margaret’s Parish. 

“To me, winning the award has reinforced the value of trying new things and giving those things your all,” says Bowen. The award pushed her to continue to get involved in things later in her life.  

Bowen has done a lot since graduating from Fallston. After attending University of Maryland College Park, she now works as a Vice President at Spectrum Science Communication. She married fellow Fallston High alum Matt Bowen and has two daughters. Her hobbies now include traveling, collecting maps, cooking, visiting breweries, playing kickball, and calligraphy.