Fallston’s Very Own Leading Women

Photo courtesy of Elise Buckler.
Photo courtesy of Elise Buckler.

On Saturday, March 2nd, Elise Buckler, Delaney O’Mailey, and Abby Richard were invited to attend the Harford County Leading Women Award Brunch, where Fallston’s very own Elise Buckler won the award for Leading Women of Tomorrow.   

The attendees of this brunch were introduced to three women: one of yesterday, one of today, and one of tomorrow – the winner of this award.   

The woman of yesterday was Mildred Louise Gore Stansbury, a trailblazer and pioneer in Harford County.  She became the first African American woman to serve on the Havre de Grace City Council and passed on July 10, 1999.  Mrs. Stansbury was introduced and spoken about by Stacey Rebbert, who went on to introduce Alison Imhoff so she could briefly introduce the woman of today, Dr. Andrée M. Mountain-Campbell, who is the founder and director of MOHAR Mental Wellness, LLC.  She also served as Chair of the Harford County Department of Social Services Advisory Board and is the current President of Federally Employed Women.   

Imhoff went on to introduce the woman of tomorrow: our very own Elise Buckler. 

As mentioned before, Elise Buckler was the winner of this award, and thus named the woman of tomorrow.  Elise is the SGA vice president and has put in lots of hard work towards planning all of Fallston’s special events, like the fall pep rally and the fashion show, which she helped bring back to Fallston this year.  Lots of the events run by SGA would not be possible without her, and she inspires other people working around her to be dedicated and passionate about the things they are working on.   

While Elise was sitting at this brunch, she got to listen to some great women speak, and said, “It was so inspiring being in a room with so many powerful and ambitious women of all age groups.”   

It was very exciting for her to win this award, and she was honored.  Elise said she will definitely be spending her award money on something to help with her future endeavors.   

There were 12 candidates for this award, and to be in the running for it, each had to be nominated by someone from their school.  These three Fallston ladies were nominated by Mrs. Canatella because “[they work humbly behind the scenes in so many aspects of our school and community affairs,” Mrs. Canatella says. It was a grueling application process, but these three ladies completed it, and one of them even came out on top. Congratulations Abby, Delaney, and Elise!