Restless for a Roommate

Senior Lindsey Dettloff posing with her post on the Boston College 2028 page. Photo courtesy of Grace Daly.

The stress is finally over, I picked a college.  Now all I have to do is find a roommate, how hard can it be?  I just need to find someone similar enough to me that I’ll be able to live with them but not too similar that I won’t be able to stand them after the first month of school. Someone that hopefully has a similar sleep schedule to mine, even though I go to bed by 10 o’clock every night and wake up by 8, and someone who has extremely similar habits and daily routine as I have even though mine is unique to me – I don’t understand why people worry so much – it’s so easy!   

Last night, I constructed the perfect group of ten pictures that embody everything about me without saying any words, and I came up with a short bio about myself that is supposed to describe myself without actually really saying anything, but saying enough that people will want to reach out to me and maybe, just maybe, be friends.   

I have to keep my phone on me at all hours of the day now because how else would I know if someone decided to follow me after seeing my post on the class of 2028 Instagram page for our school?  Lots of people have followed me, but it seems my pictures, or possibly my bio, weren’t enough to make any of them reach out to me – well, except for one girl.  She and I had a great conversation, it seemed like we were on track to asking each other to be roommates, but then she ghosted me.   

Well, I guess I’ll be spending the next four years of college by myself since no one on Instagram has deemed me cool enough to be their friend, and my self-worth relies solely on what people think of me on social media.