4 Questions to Ask Your Roommate

Finding+the+perfect+roommate%21+%28Photo+courtsey+of+George+Fox+University%29+
    Finding the perfect roommate! (Photo courtsey of George Fox University)

Going into your freshman year of college is already a stressful time, especially if you have a not-so-good roommate that you must come home to every night. So, to help alleviate that stress, here are four questions that you should ask your potential roommates. 

1. How clean do you keep your space?

This question is obvious, but you must be honest with yourself. If you are on the dirtier side, are you more clothes-messy or trash-messy? Knowing your own answers and asking these questions can keep some of the more common roommate conflicts to a minimum. 

1. What time do you normally wake up/go to sleep?

You want to find someone with a similar schedule to you. You don’t want to have to be tiptoeing around your room all night because you like to stay up late. Not only can this leave you feeling annoyed, but also bored because you have no one to talk to. 

1. Do you like going out or staying in?

If you’re anything like me, this may seem like a minor issue to you, but the reality is if you love to go out and your roommate just wants to sit in the room, it’s really going to kill your vibe. It would be so much more fun to have someone to get ready with. 

1. How far do you live from campus?

If your roommate lives super close to campus, they will more than likely be going home a lot more often, so you just need to think about whether that is something that you prefer or if that’s just going to make you feel lonelier and more homesick. 

These are just some things to think about. You can decide for yourself whether these are dealbreaker or not a priority for you. Good luck with your roommate search, seniors!