Fallston Students Understood The Assignment

First-ever indoor Pep Rally provides countless unforgettable moments

Emma Callahan, Staff Reporter

For the first time in many years, Fallston High School’s pep rally was back and better than ever in person on October 14, 2022. From musical chairs to a school-wide tug-of-war competition, SGA put on a party no one will forget. In her opening speech, SGA president Emily Atha told the school that SGA’s goal was to celebrate the student body and to get everyone excited for homecoming weekend.  

Mr. Collins, how long did it take to get all of that shaving cream off?

Starting off strong, all fall athletes participated in the annual parade around the gym while getting cheered on by their peers. Following the parade, all 10 homecoming court members were announced, and they were hyped up as they too paraded around the gym.  

Following this, students got to hear the marching band play “Sports Center” while swaying and dancing.  

After that, our reigning State Champion cheerleaders put on a killer performance, and the student body clapped and cheered for them as they flipped all over the mat.  

Hannah Richard and Macy Budke wow the crowd with their version of “Low” by Flo Rida.

Next, five students from each grade level participated in a game of musical chairs. It was a tough battle, but ultimately junior Abby Richard came out on top (literally)! 

Tug-of-war was next on the agenda with all the grades standing up and cheering, showing their school spirit. Freshmen won against the sophomores while the seniors won against the juniors. In the ultimate battle between freshmen and seniors, the seniors came out with the win.  

The student-teacher lip sync battle was another activity that got the student body hyped. From Macy Budke and Hannah Richard dancing to “Low” by Flo Rida to Mr. & Mrs. Grant coming out in matching tracksuits, not a single person wasn’

The freshmen were almost singing “We’re All in this Together” as they beat the sophomores in the tug-of-war competition!

t clapping for the eventual winners.  

Finally, what everyone had been waiting for: The pie-in-the-face winners were announced. Ultimately, only one teacher ended up getting pied while the other nine were the ones pieing.  

As the pep rally came to an end, spirit week winners were announced. The winning teacher was Mr. Grant, and, to much surprise, the winning class was the freshmen. And though most of the student body would have chosen to keep the rally going for many hours, all the fun ultimately came to an end. All in all, students owe many thanks to SGA for their hard work with planning and for putting on an amazing start to the beginning of Homecoming Weekend! 

Abby Richard wins the grade-wide game of musical chairs!