Sarah Farally Wins Player of the Year

Photo Courtesy of the Baltimore Sun

Sarah Farally, a junior at Fallston High School, has won player of the year in the Aegis 2023 All-Area girls soccer team.  

The Aegis is an organization within the Baltimore Sun that writes on current events such as sports, local government, and current news in Harford County, so naturally, when Farally won Player of the Year on December 27th, this gained quite a bit of attention.  

“Winning player of the year was very rewarding,” Farally said. “It was very cool to be recognized for the work I put in during the season and outside of the season.” 

Originally, Farally found out about this achievement through a phone call. “When I found this out, I was very surprised because I’m only a junior,” she said. “Initially I wanted to tell everyone, but I wasn’t allowed to tell people until the article officially came out.” 

Then, when the article did finally come out, she “did get a good amount of recognition from [her] peers either congratulating [her] or just acknowledging the fact that [she] was the player of the year.” 

However, that wasn’t the reason behind all her hard work. “I didn’t play soccer this year with the end goal of getting this recognition,” she said. “But I’m super honored and grateful.”  

And to any aspiring soccer players, the advice she’d give is “if you really want something, be willing to work for it. It may conflict with other things you want to do but when you reach your goal it’s more rewarding.”