Fallston’s Fluffy Friends: Otis & Family

In 2018, after the passing of their beloved dachshund Reese a few years prior, the Haun family decided it was time to fill the “hole in their hearts” and adopt another dachshund. Senior Laurel and sophomores Kendall and Kelsey Haun’s father, Dennis Haun, flew to Texas to get her. The family decided to name the new pup after an actress from one of their favorite TV shows, Millie Bobby Brown, the lead actress in Stranger Things. Millie was quick to adjust to her new home, but due to her size, was often lost somewhere in the Haun household.  

After 5 years of loving Millie, Mr. Haun became tired of being outnumbered in his own household and he decided it was time to add another boy to the family. In August of 2023, the family drove out to Pasadena, Maryland, to get 6-week-old Otis. Millie took a little bit of time to get used to sharing her space, toys and family members with Otis, but she warmed up eventually. The pups now enjoy their days snuggling on the couch with their sisters, eating McDonald’s French fries, and playing outside.