Top 3 Worst Celebrities

As the New Year has started, I have decided to stop being a hater. With this new year’s resolution, I have decided to get all the hater-ade out of my system by creating a small list of celebrities that I do not like, with valid reasons (and valid opinions). Some may be considered controversial, but that is not my problem. Enjoy.  

NBA Young Boy

To all the middle school boys going through a heart break, this is the best

YoungBoy starting his career on Soundcloud. (Photo of NBA YoungBoy, courtesy of Soundcloud.)

artist since Beethoven.  For everyone else, this is garbage.  The beat to every single one of his songs is hard to explain, other than just bad. The lyrics don’t match the beat, and half of the time, don’t even make sense: for example, “Gucci print should be on top of that Nike print,” a lyric from his song “Slime Belief.” The lyrics of Young Boy’s music goes in circles. One verse he will be talking about how a woman broke his heart, and the following verse he will be rhyming Jodeci with a, not very school appropriate, activity, starting all over again.  

Young Boy’s fan base is primarily boys from the age of 12-15, and young adults who have never grown up.  There is nothing special about Young Boy’s music, please do not try to convince me. And for those that are wondering, the NBA stands for Never Broke Again, not National Basketball Association.  

Matt Rife

Rife on stage for his Netflix special. (Photo of Matt Rife, courtesy of Netflix.)

Some may say that he is funny. No, he is not. I have never once laughed at a joke of his, whether it be on social media or a Netflix special. Most of his material is just talking to random attendees in the crowd and making fun of them. Some of his material has made me do a little giggle, but nothing more than a simple “tee hee.” In his newest comedy special, Rife started off with a story about his friend and him having a conversation where he said, “And my boy, who I was with, was like, ‘Yeah, I feel bad for her, man. I feel like they should put her in the kitchen or something where nobody has to see her face,’” referring to a waitress who had a black eye. Rife responded with, “And I was like, ‘Yeah, but I feel like if she could cook, she wouldn’t have that black eye.’” Because of course, domestic violence is just so funny. 

Along with Rife not being good at his job, in an interview with Variety, he mentioned how he “doesn’t cater his comedy to women,” and that the point of his newest special was to show that. That’s exactly what he did, making a joke at the expense of women. Classy. Rife is very open about the fact that he wishes he had more of a male audience, despite the fact that his female audience gave him his platform.   

Kanye West being a Kanye pest. (Photo of Kanye West, courtesy of Forbes magazine.)

Kanye West

You may think, “Emma, do you hate Kanye West just because you’re a Swiftie?” To answer your question, yes and no. What he did to that poor 19-year-old girl was terrible. However, Taylor Swift is not the only person he has been awful to. His comments regarding minorities have been all over social media due to their inappropriate nature. 

For all his career, he has been no stranger to controversy. During an interview with Alex Jones, a far right conspiracist, West made very explicit remarks about Jewish people when asked about his political views.  He frequently uses anti-Semitic language towards this group on Twitter and Instagram, also.  

West has recently posted a picture of a white square with an apology to Jewish people, written in Hebrew, to his Instagram recently. Some people in his comments had said they accepted his apology, but others said they have not. I also do not like West’s music, so do not tell me, “But Emma, he made some of the best music ever created.” Wrong, I could name at least 7 other songs written by Alan Jackson that I would rather listen to, than a Kanye West song. I don’t like Alan Jackson’s music either.