Valentine’s Day Gifts your significant other actually wants:

As Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, it’s easy to reach for generic gifts like the huge teddy bear, the red roses, or the heart-shaped box of truffles, but this year, let’s upgrade and get something a little more personal. So, here is my list of three things your significant other wants for Valentine’s Day.  

1. Flowers 
Photo courtesy of The Modest Market

I know what you’re thinking, “Chloe, you literally just told me don’t get my significant other red roses.” But what I mean by that is, get your significant other the bright red rose if that’s what they like. But if your significant other likes tulips and you get her plastic wrapped red roses, that just shows a lack of effort. So, to properly execute the flowers you’re going to:

A. Get her favorite type of flower (if you don’t know, a simple scroll through their TikTok reposts or Pinterest board will probably give you a good idea)

B. Cut and prep the flowers for her properly so all they have to do is put them in a vase

C. Wrap them up in a brown paper bag with some ribbon for the aesthetic

And there you go, you got yourself a proper bouquet. 

Photo courtesy of Lil Tulips

2. Jelly Cats

Instead of wasting a solid 3-square-foot area of your significant other’s bedroom with an obnoxiously large teddy bear with some stupid quote on it, go for a Jelly Cat. Jelly cats are small, cute, better quality and can be personalized by picking one of your significant other’s favorite animals, objects, or colors. 

Photo courtesy of J.Crew

3. A Necklace

Let me be clear that when I say necklace, I am not referencing the cringy intertwined heart necklace from Pandora. Unless that’s your significant other’s vibe, maybe consider it, but it’s most likely not. I would go with something a little more subtle like a locket with a picture of the two of you in it, a necklace with your initial on it, or one of the trendy Pandora necklaces engraved with your handwriting. These all are just a little more personal and come off as more thoughtful. Lastly, if this is your gift of choice, make sure you pick the proper metal. Don’t get your significant other a gold necklace if they only wear silver. It just all comes back to the details.