A Deep Dive into Madelyn Cline and Pete Davidson’s “Relationship”

Outer+Banks+star+Madelyn+Cline+%28left%29+and+comedian+Pete+Davidson+%28right%29+were+spotted+in+Vegas+together+this+past+weekend%2C+sparking+rumors+of+a+budding+romance.+Photo+Courtesy+of+E%21+Online+
Outer Banks star Madelyn Cline (left) and comedian Pete Davidson (right) were spotted in Vegas together this past weekend, sparking rumors of a budding romance. Photo Courtesy of E! Online

The headline turns heads – “Pete Davidson Dubbed ‘Rizz God’ After Landing Madelyn Cline,” reports Yahoo Entertainment, amongst other sources. Despite Davidson’s (objectively) impressive dating history, the pair has still seemingly shocked America. 

Reports came out three days ago after the pair was spotted staying together in Las Vegas for a “quick 24-hour trip.” Davidson was in Vegas for a stand-up show at The Chelsea, and Cline attended the show in support of her new boo. 

However, fans remained skeptical of the seriousness of the relationship. After all, Cline could simply be supporting a friend at his Vegas show. Barstool personality Ria Ciuffo asked the question on everyone’s minds as the rumors emerged on Sunday: “Why are [media sources] so dead set that they are officially dating?” 

However, a source revealed to Us Weekly yesterday that “Madelyn and Pete have been dating for several weeks but have grown close fairly quickly.” The source goes on to mention that the pair assumed “there would be a whole frenzy surrounding the relationship.” 

The assumed frenzy is absolutely correct as fans have gone crazy over the relationship already. Fans have taken to Twitter to release their frustrations. One user writes, “that [guy] Pete Davidson got Madelyn Cline too…” accompanied by the gif of Michael Scott yelling “Oh God Please No! No! No!” Another Pete Davidson fan says, “Y’all don’t understand how sad I am to see that Pete Davidson and Madelyn Cline are together.”  

Many users have taken their thoughts to the next level, using profanities our paper can’t quote. 

I for one am completely rooting for their relationship. Pete Davidson’s long list of ex-loves is only proof that the man is a hopeless romantic, and after her whirlwind romance with Chase Stokes, I think Cline deserves to find someone who will love and appreciate her – someone just like Davidson. Their senses of humor complement each other very well and seeing them happy together only makes me happy.  

Best of luck to the new couple!