Softball Senior Night 2024

In early May, Fallston’s varsity softball team competed against Bel Air, winning 10-0, adding to their impressive 9-5 record. 

Before the game, seniors Madison Burns, Megan Watts, and Aleisa Rowe were announced, walking with their parents down the first base line to celebrate their final year of high school softball.  

Since Fallston was the home team, they were first in the field, and Bel Air started up to bat, but the real action started at the bottom of the first when the Cougars got to swing the bat. 

Starting off, sophomore Sarah Frist had an incredible hit that left Bel Air scrambling as she managed to run to third base. After that amazing play, senior Madison Burns was up and hit a single, getting herself an RBI as the hit allowed Frist to score the first run. The first inning ended with Fallston up 2-0. 

During the second inning, Frist added an in-the park-home run to her stats, resulting in two runs scored for Fallston in the second inning. 

During the third inning, senior Megan Watts got a hit, advancing a runner and sending Watts to first base. Sophomore Peyton Greiner went up next to bat and laid down a sacrifice bunt, forcing Bel Air to choose who to take out. With so many Fallston players in play, it was a hard decision. Bel Air managed to get Greiner out at first as another player slid to home plate. The score at the end of the 4th was 8-0, the Cougars leading. 

There were no runs in the fifth inning, but in the sixth inning Fallston had two incredible runs. 

The game ended with an amazing 10-0 score with Burns striking out nine players with no walks, Rowe getting two hits in two bats, and Watts catching a fly ball and throwing it to first base to get a tagout. Great job girls. 

“I’m going to miss the team the most,” said Watts. “This was the first team I’ve been on where I really had a chance to bond with all the members.” 

After the game, the team finished their last tradition of senior night. While the seniors took their picture together, the rest of the teammates – equipped with cans of silly string – ambushed the girls as they tried to sprint away, even hopping the fence to avoid being sprayed. 

Last year we did the same thing with the silly string to the seniors,” said Rowe. “It stained their jerseys and got stuck in their hair and I didn’t want that to happen to me, so I jumped the fence.” 

Every year, softball outdoes every other sport when it comes to senior night. Each senior was given their framed junior varsity jersey, a basket full of orange food, trinkets, and decorations, and a beautiful tri-fold poster. Bel Air’s seniors were also given roses before the game, demonstrating the caring and closeness of the softball community. 

“I’m going to miss playing with my teammates and seeing them every day,” said Rowe. “I’m excited to continue my athletic career in college and be able to build more relationships with my new team.” 

Good luck to Burns as she continues Softball at Villanova University and Rowe as she continues at Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg. 

Congratulations on an amazing season, we wish you all the best in college!