The Print

The Student News Site of Fallston High School

The Print

The Print

An Apology for my Past

Emma finally accepting the Stanley as a valid water bottle choice. (Photo Courtesy of Emma Nigro)

Recently, I published an article talking about my dislike for the popular brand, Stanley Cup. I would like to release an apology.  

Today during my A2 class, Spanish IV with the one and only Sra. Williams, we were eating a scrumptious little snack. I had gotten a sudden feeling of thirst, so I turned to my beloved friend, Cianna Smith, and she said to me, “Emma, do you need a drink?” with deep concern. I nodded violently while grabbing the massive handle on the 30 oz. bottle and chugged. 

As a water enthusiast, trust me when I say that this water was delicious. It was crisp, cold – I felt like I was drinking from the fountains of heaven. It was perfection. I immediately felt that my life had changed. “Oh my gosh, that was so good!” I announced.  Now you may think, “Emma, couldn’t it just be Cianna’s water that she got at home?” which is exactly what I was thinking. After experiencing such a revelation, I had to test it.  

I turned to my other beloved, kind friend, Sam Ruth. I asked, “Is it really that good? Are all cups like that?” She responded by suggesting that I could try a sip from her Stanley cup, so I did. Once again, it was delicious. The water was crisp, silky, and perfect.  

Due to my eyes being opened, I must apologize for such hatred toward this popular cup. Now that I’ve tried it, I understand the hype. I will no longer be slandering anyone who has one. I get it now! Honestly, I don’t know why I was such a hater. The quality is so good, and the drink stays cool for hours.  

All that being said, its size is too much for me to carry around on a daily basis. And for those that may ask, no, I will not be purchasing a Stanley because it’s too expensive for me, due to the fact I recently quit my job.  Overall experience on use was a 10/10, would use it again. I am so sorry to have judged the girlies so harshly on their water bottles. I hope you all can find it in your heart to forgive me.