New Year New Me

Photo+Courtesy+of+Know+Your+Meme+
Photo Courtesy of Know Your Meme

The old me and all my old bad habits are being left in 2023.  I once read it takes two weeks of diligence to create new habits, but those people must not have realized that all indiscretions do not follow you into the New Year.   

I spent a long and hard 30 minutes on New Year’s Eve, right before the ball drop, brainstorming how I’m going to reinvent myself this coming year.   

I will be waking up bright and early (5 a.m. to be exact) on New Year’s Day to hit the gym for two hours, even though in the last year, I have not found it physically possible to wake up before 9.  That’s just one of my many resolutions for the coming year.   

I have also decided I will be eating super healthy (strictly salads and grilled chicken), creating a whole new fifteen-step skincare routine to do every morning and night (even though I don’t really have any issues with my skin) and be positive 100% of the time.  This negative nelly attitude that I’ve had recently just hasn’t been doing it for me.   

I want to read more too.  I’ll probably start with like one book a week and then maybe increase to a book a day as the year progresses – I mean it seems pretty easy. I’ve never been a big reader, but I recently noticed I’m way too connected to my phone.  I think I want to document my whole journey on TikTok too, just so other people can see how great this new version of me is.   

Change has never really been my thing – honestly, it’s terrifying – but my mindset has completely shifted.  It’s a new year, so there’s a new me.