The Print

The Student News Site of Fallston High School

The Print

The Print

Is the NFL Scripted?

Ravens+quarterback+Lamar+Jackson+running+a+play.+%28Photo+courtesy+of+Fox+Sports%29
Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson running a play. (Photo courtesy of Fox Sports)

Following the outcome of this year’s AFC and NFC championships, many football fans have decided the NFL must be scripted. The stats don’t really add up with the Ravens losing to the Chiefs. Many believed the Ravens would win because of quarterback Lamar Jackson, but clearly this was untrue. The theories are a bit of a stretch, but they are based on facts, even if the conspiracies are false. 

The scripted rumors have grown substantially ever since Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift began dating in late July of 2023. Swift has attended most of Kelce’s recent games following The Eras Tour’s temporary pause. The NFL seems to be capitalizing off the relationship, often showing clips of Swift in the box.  

Taylor Swift cheering on Travis Kelce at the Ravens vs. Chiefs game. (Photo courtesy of Rob Carr/Getty Images) 

The funds and fans since Swift has started joining the games have increased drastically, which is why people think the NFL is paying her to come and promote more people to go to the games. Some speculate that the popstar has been funding the NFL to get her boyfriend to the Superbowl. However, Taylor Swift would have no reason to pay off the NFL; she is simply at the games to cheer on her boyfriend, not for some secret agenda. 

In addition, the referees assigned to this game have been known to make more calls on the home team than on the away team, with the away team being called out 37% of the time and the home team the other 63%. Unfortunately, the Ravens played at home for the AFC championship, and some speculate the refs were to blame for the devastating loss. 

However, we need to address how poorly the Ravens played. They completely ruined their own chances at playing in the Superbowl. This recent game has been one of the worst games they have played this season. Jackson hardly ran down the field, and unfortunately, did not make it easier to win. 

Football fans have a right to be upset with the Ravens’ loss. It’s all right to feel cheated or betrayed by the choices of the referees, it’s a part of the gaming experience. So, we don’t think it’s fair to blame everything that happens in football on Taylor Swift. Instead, fans should look back on what other teams did to cause their own losses. The Chiefs are a strong team, and Taylor Swift is not making them have an unfair advantage.  

Leave a Comment
Donate to The Print

Your donation will support the student journalists of Fallston High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

More to Discover
About the Contributors
Jenna Hawk , Staff Reporter
It’s Jenna’s first year on the print staff. Jenna participates in Spanish club and Green School club. She spends her free time reading, painting, or listening to Lana Del Rey. Jenna loves the cold and finds winter more enjoyable than summer. 
Kasey Conlon , Staff Reporter
Kasey Conlon is a first-year member of The Print, contributing as a staff reporter. She is involved in other clubs such as Green School, Girl Up, Graphic Design Club, and the Drama Company’s Tech Crew. Kasey works as a lifeguard at the Fallston Club and in her free time, enjoys watching movies, TV, and immersing herself in other forms of pop culture. 
Ashley Myers , Staff Reporter
Ashley is a junior and this is her first year as a staff reporter for The Print. She is involved in clubs like FCA and French Club. She also loves volunteering at places like Harford Glen over the school year, or Beachmont during the summer. Aside from those busy activities and school, she enjoys spending her time reading and soaking up lots of alone time when she can. 
Donate to The Print

Comments (0)

All The Print Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *