Fallston Swim Wins County Championship

Three Peat for Girls, Historic Win combined
The team after their combined win for the first time in 16 years. (Photo Courtesy of Addy Rebasti)

After a long night last Wednesday at Magnolia Middle, the FHS Swim team brought home a big 1st place overall win in the county championship for the first time since 2008! The girls’ team also won the girls’ county championship for the third year in a row. 

It was a very unexpected win as the girls’ team was seeded to lose by one point and combined, they weren’t supposed to win at all. The team had high hopes though. Winning the combined came down to the very last event; the boys had to get at least third place in the 400-yard freestyle relay. 

Girls Team after winning the county championship for the third year in a row. (Photo Courtesy of Addy Rebasti)

And they did just that! The relay team, consisting of Harry Plaisted, Theo Kidwell, Tyson Book, and Luke Allman, got second place with a time of 3:41.76. For this reason, “counties was such an exciting and unexpected win,” according to Senior Maddie Smith.   

Despite losing a big group of seniors last year, the team has been doing exceptionally well this season. The team is extremely talented and with the hard work and determination of the swimmers, they scored 548.5 points combined and 296.5 points for the women, securing the win. 

The team understood how close it was, and every point was important. Senior captain Arianna Hernandez says, “We all understood how important strong finishes were.” 

They pushed each other to have better, cleaner, faster swims. “We always cheer each other on. It helps us swim faster knowing we have people supporting us,” says Junior Noah Burch. 

Fallston had thirteen top three wins consisting of 4 relays and 9 individual events! Congratulations again to the swim team for their fantastic performance! 

Girls 200-Yard Medley Relay- Kate Taylor, Backstroke; Lucy Plaisted, Breaststroke; Lily Allman, Butterfly; Sadie Grier, Freestyle. They got first place with a time 2:04.31 

Girls 200-Yard Freestyle – Lucy Plaisted placed first with a time of 2:11.39 and Lily Allman placed second with a time of 2:14.02.   

Girls 200-Yard IM- Kate Taylor placed first with a time of 2:23.57. 

Girls 100-Yard Butterfly- Lily Allman placed second with a time of 1:08.11. 

Girls 500-Yard Freestyle- Lucy Plaisted placed second with a time of 5:47.95. 

Girls 100-Yard Backstroke- Kate Taylor placed first with a time of 1:06.69. 

Girls 400- Yard Freestyle Relay- Kate Taylor, Sadie Grier, Lily Allman, and Lucy Plaisted placed first with a time of 4:06.71. 

Boys 200-Yard Freestyle- Luke Allman placed third with a time of 1:55.50. 

Boys 200-Yard IM- Tyson Book placed first with a time 2:10.85. 

Boys 500-Yard Freestyle- Luke Allman placed second with a time of 5:15.59. 

Boys 200-Yard Freestyle Relay- Theo Kidwell, Krystian Lisiewski, Tyson Book, and Luke Allman placed third with a time of 1:40.39. 

Boys 400-Yard Freestyle Relay- Harry Plaisted, Theo Kidwell, Tyson Book, and Luke Allman placed second with a time of 3:41.76.