The Print

The Student News Site of Fallston High School

The Print

The Print

Cougars Attend MLK Day Brunch

Logan+Taylor+%28far+left%29%2C+Mrs.+Graf+%28middle%29%2C+Jade+Mashua+%28far+right%29%2C+at+the+brunch.+Picture+courtesy+of+NAACP+Facebook+page.++
Logan Taylor (far left), Mrs. Graf (middle), Jade Mashua (far right), at the brunch. Picture courtesy of NAACP Facebook page.

Fallston juniors Jade Mashua and Logan Taylor attended the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Brunch at Harford Community College on January 13. The event is sponsored by the NAACP of Harford County Maryland.  

Joined by our School Safety Liaison, Ms. Tina Graf, Jade and Logan had the opportunity to gather with other attendees and volunteers to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Natasha Dartigue, a Maryland public defender, spoke about her experiences as a woman of color, emphasizing the importance of our voices and what kind of impact that we can have.  

Logan Taylor also spoke at the event. “I was sharing the struggles I deal with on a daily basis, in school and outside of school as well,” Logan said.  She is looking to help others see the struggles that other people face, even if they don’t experience it themselves. 

When asked about how she felt about the event, Ms. Graf said, “It was so empowering. I’m really glad that we were able to have Jade and Logan come with us this year. It’s important for younger people to see the change and have a community.”  

The brunch was once again a success, selling out every seat they had to offer for guests. They also gave art donations to local organizations that help kids in need. They will continue this tradition for many years to come!