The Print

The Student News Site of Fallston High School

The Print

The Print

Two Worlds Colliding

Swift and Kelce during the September 24th game against the Bears. (Photo Courtesy of Rolling Stone)

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are the two people with the most powerful fan bases in society today. We have Swifties and Chiefs fans coming together to support this new couple, and Swifties are taking over to predict how the relationship will go and how she could’ve been hinting at it secretly in the past.  

Although the couple was never officially confirmed, fans assumed they were together when Swift showed up to support the Kansas City Chiefs (specifically Kelce) in the game against the Chicago Bears on September 24.  Swift was seen with Kelce’s mom, Donna Kelce, having a great time together, obviously already having a strong bond.  

Swift cheers for Kelce during the game. (Photo Courtesy: The New York Times)

When I woke up the morning after the game, it was safe to say that the two could not hide anything, but it’s not like they really could before. Everyone was following every move made by Swift and Kelce during the event. The assumptions are so funny, and I am here for it.  

Kelce and Swift spotted getting close at an after party. (Photo Courtesy of TMZ)
Swift and Kelce walking out together after the chief’s home game. (Photo Courtesy of Page Six)

So far, I have seen people comparing Swift and Kelce to Troy and Gabriella from High School Musical 3 with the scene of Gabriella standing up in the stands during Troy’s last big game and giving him encouragement; this resemblance is hilariously accurate to me. Who wouldn’t want a musical in their everyday life? And who would fit the role better than Swift and Kelce? 

Swifties also point out previous songs that Swift has released that have relations to the new couple. In her song “Mary’s Song,” she has a line that says, “I’ll be eighty-seven; you’ll be eighty-nine,” which relates to Kelce’s jersey number being 87, and one of Swift’s albums being 1989, as well as them sharing a birth year of 1989. Fans are overjoyed by this resemblance; I think it’s so creative for Swifties to think. 

A week later, the Chiefs played against the New York Jets on October 1, collecting another win of 23-20. Although, the biggest and most important question is, did Swift show up? Of course! She was spotted having another good time with Donna Kelce while supporting Travis Kelce once again. Fans can’t wait to see how far this streak will go for Swift’s appearances at the games. 

Swift did not appear alone at this game as she brought along many of her own friends such as Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Sophie Turner, and Hugh Jackman. Who wouldn’t turn down an offer to see a football game with the one and only Taylor Swift? 

Along with her guests were the many fans who most likely just went to the game to catch a glimpse of Taylor (or just simply be in her presence) but had no interest in the actual game. If I were a Swiftie, I would no doubt do the same. The drama around the two almost makes me want to go to a game now.  

So, what have I been seeing around the internet since the second appearance, you may ask? As you would guess, Kelce has gotten many Swifties to become Chief fans; because of that, he has gained almost 900,000 followers on Instagram, and there has been a 400% spike in Kelce’s jersey sales.  

There has also been a Tik Tok trend of girls telling guys that Taylor Swift has put Travis Kelce “on the map,” which has the hilariously intended effect of throwing many into a rage over the implication that Kelce was not, in fact, already “on the map.” 

So, here is some life advice from me: If you want to get more famous than ever, date someone with an even bigger fan base.  

Swifties are arguably the most powerful fan base ever. They will get to the bottom of things in an instant. So, if you ask me, they’re a love story, and we all have to say yes.