The Print

The Student News Site of Fallston High School

The Print

The Print

Tik Tokers: Where are they now?

We all remember during quarantine how a group of people on the popular social media app, TikTok, had a hold on our society. Since then, you may have noticed that you haven’t seen them hardly at all on your For You page. But no need to fear, I went on the journey to see what they are up to today. 

Charli D’amelio: 

Charli and her family get a photo together on the red carpet. (Photo Courtesy of Teen Vouge)

Charli and her family are still pretty popular, but you most likely won’t catch them on your For You page as much as in 2020. Over the years, she and her family have starred in their own TV series The D’amelio Show, that shows their progress over the years and how they have dealt with fame and drama. They have also started D’amelio Footwear, a brand of shoes that has a huge variety of footwear for women. However, her Tik Tok account has gotten more casual as she does not post dancing videos as often, and does quicker, personal, and fun videos that fans still enjoy.  

Addison Rae: 

Although Rae hasn’t posted as frequently as she used to, she stays busy with creating new music. This past year, she released an album AR with a couple of songs, one including a collab with Charli XCX. She also starred in the movie He’s All That in 2021. Even though we haven’t heard much from her, Rae is enjoying her life as a 23-year-old. 

Lil Huddy: 

Chase Hudson has also continued to produce lots of music. He released an album in 2021 called Teenage Heartbreak that got a good amount of popularity for a Tik Tok star and for his genre of music. He continues to occasionally release music, as he released one this past year called “Slowly Healing.” 

Noah Beck: 

Beck continues to post on Tik Tok, and you may occasionally see him on your For You Page. He has been keeping busy with friends, soccer, and even modeling for brands like YSL, Balmain, Heromag, Valentino, and more. Although he isn’t dating Dixie D’amelio anymore, he is still traveling and living his best life. Personally, his life looks fun and balanced between work and his own interests in life. 

Josh Richards: 

Richards is also still active on Tik Tok and Instagram, of course not posting dancing videos (I think we are past those anyways). He posts videos with friends and clips from his podcast BFFs. The podcast is hosted by him, Dave Portnoy, and Brianna LaPaglia, also known as Brianna Chickenfry (and sponsored by Raising Canes in case you wanted to know). The group talks about pop culture, celebrities, influencers, and last but not least Tik Tok. Along with those activities, he models for other brands like Prada and Louis Vuitton. 

Bryce Hall: 

Hall has also still been active on Tik Tok, and along with that, he has pursued his career in boxing. The start of this was when he went against Austin McBroom on June 12, 2021. Although Hall lost, he still continues to train and fight other popular influencer boxers. He also has released a drink brand called Blackout, which is a vodka cocktail drink that comes in multiple flavors. 

Zoe Laverne: 

Zoe and her daughter and husband gather for a family photo on Easter. (Photo courtesy of Zoe Laverne’s Instagram)

This one may come as a shock to you, or you may have just forgotten about her, but Zoe Laverne started a family! That’s right, the queen of Tik Tok is all grown up, but is still active on her accounts. Laverne had her daughter, Emersyn, 2 years ago, right after getting engaged to her new boyfriend, Dawson Day. She is still active on Tik Tok doing dancing, personal, or family videos. Although just recently, she started advertising a song she released on October 10th, and it has been used in almost every video she has posted since. The song is called “American Dream” and has a very country sound to it. So, if you like that genre of music, go take a listen!