Disney 100

The temporary Disney 100 introduction for movies released in 2023. (Photo Courtesy of The Walt Disney Company)

The world is already celebrating 100 years of Disney! Time sure does fly when you get caught up in the magic of these Disney characters and movies, and there have been many ways Disney has continued to celebrate since the beginning of the year. 

For starters, the Disney movies released in 2023 had a new special Disney 100 introduction. Some of the movies released were The Little Mermaid, Elemental, Peter Pan and Wendy, and Haunted Mansion, along with the movie Wish that will be released on November 22, 2023. 

Disney also just recently released on October 16 the short film Once Upon a Studio. The plot has all Disney characters jump out of their photos in Walt Disney Studios to get together for a big group photo. The film consists of all 543 characters making a short appearance, and all being included in the group photo as well. The film also shows an intimate moment between Mickey Mouse and a portrait of Walt Disney himself, thanking Disney for all he has done over the years. 

Tik Tok has also contributed to this anniversary by having a game with Disney Cards that has become very popular. The game is like online Pokémon – you want to collect them all by completing simple tasks like a quick Disney quiz or following a Disney account. There is a prize though: if you get all the cards, you are given a profile frame every week that could either be Woody’s Hat, Loki’s Horned Helmet, BB-8, or Minnie Mouse Ears.  

All Disney characters gather for a 100-year anniversary celebration picture. (Photo Courtesy of Reddit)

There was also a D23 (Disney Fan Club) royal ball to celebrate. The studio lot in Burbank, California, was transformed to accommodate the ball for a magical night with the D23 crew. Participants went overboard, dressing up as either Disney princesses/princes or villains, which made the event even more worthwhile.  

Finally, Dancing with the Stars also had an episode with the remaining 11 couples performing to songs from different Disney soundtracks like “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” from Encanto, “Un Poco Loco” from Coco, “Into the Unknown” from Frozen 2, and more.  

Disney has had lots to celebrate over the years, so it’s no surprise as we are still celebrating when 2023 comes to a close.