Freshman fiasco

Distressed+freshman+tries+endlessly+to+open+the+locker%2C+losing+faith+in+all+humanity.+Photo+taken+by+Arianna+Hernandez+

Distressed freshman tries endlessly to open the locker, losing faith in all humanity. Photo taken by Arianna Hernandez

Arianna Hernandez, Staff Reporter

Dear Diary,

SCHOOL SUCKS! Everything that could have gone wrong literally did and I still cannot process it.

First, I woke up late (OF COURSE) and then I BARELY made it to the bus stop. I was the last stop, so the bus was already full and I had to sit right behind the bus driver who was BLASTING country music… I DO NOT like country.

Finally, we got to school right at seven. I even opened my locker on the first try! OF COURSE, fate had to kick me right in the face and during third period class change, my locker WOULD NOT OPEN!! I was so upset, I even had to (this is embarrassing), but I had to ask the last person in the hallway, who was of course, a SENIOR to help me! TERRIFYING. I ended up not even putting in the right combination, which was so embarrassing.

I rushed to class which, as my luck had it, took forever to find and I ended up walking in late and had to sit in the very back. All these kids were just staring at me and the second I sat down I realized I had left my glasses at home. I just pictured them, sitting on my black side-table right next to my planner by my bed. UGH!

Like thirty minutes later, I had to pee soooo bad, so I went to the bathroom, and I dropped the orange slip in the toilet as I stood to get up. Why could I not catch a break! I just ended up counting my losses and going back to class, but of course not fast enough for the teacher because they yelled at me. Apparently, I was “cutting class” because I didn’t have a slip. This teacher had to ESCORT ME back to the class and made a big deal out of it which was just terrible.

Lunch was a nice break, but of course I had none of my friends during it – which did suck – but I caught up on all the work they rudely did without me.

Last period goes by in a flash and the second I walk out of my class, I get bombarded with hundreds of students rushing past me. I was like a fish swimming upstream while also stuck on a line fighting for my life! I missed my locker entirely and had to circle back. It took about five minutes to even open this stupid locker and by that time I heard the buses start to leave.

My heart SUNK.

I was now full-on SPRINTING to get onto my bus and OF COURSE MY LOCKER IS UPSTAIRS! I got out there and about ten buses left; but mine, mine was still there. Oh, what a beautiful, magnificent, perfect bus!!!! I hopped on and happily watched my new school get smaller and smaller as the bus drove away. I’m glad to be going home, even with the country music singing as my outro.

XOXO – The tired freshman