The Print

The Student News Site of Fallston High School

The Print

The Print

Senior Night Sweep

The team has 4 seniors with 50% of them being named Jackson, 75% of them starting with the letter “J,” and Liam. Photo courtesy of Jeanine Killough.

Wednesday night, the men’s varsity volleyball team had their annual senior night for the 2024 season. This year they competed against Aberdeen and celebrated seniors Liam McGann, Jackson Killough, Jackson Rockhill, and Jake DiSciorio. 

The celebration started with Coach Stew giving a heartwarming speech to the JV and Varsity team as a whole. After a tearful message from the coach to each of the seniors, they each got their moment in the spotlight as they walked across the gym with their parents and family members to the applause of everyone in the gym. 

The first set of the game started with an exciting ace from setter, Liam McGann.  They got 5 points off McGann’s serve before there was a service error. They soon got it back after running an offense with Jake DiSciorio in the middle, getting the kill.  The Cougars got the serve back and continued to have a strong game with good serve-receive with Jackson Killough passing dimes on almost every serve that Aberdeen sent their way.  They eventually took a 25-7 win off Aberdeen’s error. 

The second set started with a perfect side out for Fallston with a perfect pass from Killough, with a quick set from McGann to get an easy kill from Rockhill. The game went back and forth but luckily not for too long with DiSciorio’s impressive blocks. Eventually it ended up being a 25-12 win for the Cougars. 

Going into the third set, they decided to let their underclassmen play as Aberdeen doesn’t have a boys’ JV team. By the end of the match, McGann had led the team with a total of 6 aces, Killough led with a total of 7 kills (putting the kill in Killough), DiSciorio ahead of everyone with 4 blocks, and Rockhill right behind him with 3. Winning that set 25-14, the Cougars took a 3-0 sweep against Aberdeen.  

It is obvious that the team had lots of fun that match and were all rooting for each other. They ran a clean offense as a team. It’s evident that this team was trying and putting in work. Can’t wait for next year’s season.