Best Buddies Valentines Day Dance and Sports for Life Bowling

+Meghan+Perez+with+Langston+Pannell+as+he+is+about+to+take+his+turn+bowling.+%28Photo+Courtesy+of+Megan+Grant%29
Meghan Perez with Langston Pannell as he is about to take his turn bowling. (Photo Courtesy of Megan Grant)

Over the past couple of weeks, Best Buddies and Sports for Life held two events: The Valentine’s Day Dance and Sports for Life bowling. Both events went very well with a lot of attendees, smiles and fun.  

If you didn’t know, Best Buddies is an inclusive space where students can connect with peers that have IDD (intellectual or physical disabilities) in various social settings. Similar to Best Buddies, Sports for Life is a program where students can travel to play sports head-to-head against other high schools with students that have IDD. 

Katie Poppe posing after taking her turn bowling with her favorite pink ball. (Photo Courtesy of Megan Grant)

The first event that was held was Sports for Life’s bowling event. This was held Wednesday, February 8th at Forest Hill Lanes. Bowling was fun and a lot of Best Buddies club members came and had a nice time. “It’s always nice to come to Best Buddies,” said Vice President EV Freeman. “I always have fun!” Fallston placed within the top five of their division for overall total points scored and everybody on the team was very grateful. 

Then, the following week on Wednesday, February 14th, the Valentine’s Day dance was held at a local church in Harford County. A lot of Best Buddies club members attended and got to enjoy good food, games, a photo booth, and a DJ. “Everybody there was so nice,” said Elizabeth Bromley, secretary of Best Buddies. “I loved getting to dance with everybody and going to the photo booth!”  

A big thank you goes out to all the family, staff, and students that attended these events to make them possible. Best Buddies and Sports for Life looks forward to holding new events where hopefully even more students can attend and have fun.