Things To Do Over Spring Break

Photo+courtesy+of+daisyheywards+on+Pinterest.+
Photo courtesy of daisyheywards on Pinterest.

If you’re like me and not travelling this spring break, you may be facing 11 days of nothing to do. And while that may be enjoyable for the first few days, boredom will definitely set in. To combat this, here are a few things you can do: 

Picnic in a park: 

If you have any kind of social media, you have undoubtedly seen the aesthetically pleasing pictures of people going on a picnic on a nice day, and you have undoubtedly wanted to go on your own picnic. This is your chance! Grab a few friends, your favorite foods (fruit, cheese, sushi, and sweets are popular options), a blanket, and head out!  

Day trip to Washington D.C: 

If you’re looking for a more expensive and involved option, taking a day trip to a nearby city is a great way to get out of the house for the day, but not have to worry about lodging. If you choose Washington D.C, the nation is literally at your fingertips. Feel like going to a museum? There are more than 74 in D.C! Are you a foodie looking for a delicious meal? High-end restaurants like The Capitol Grille and The Lafayette are waiting for you! Do you just want to explore somewhere new? D.C is the place to go! 

Photo courtesy of history.com

Movie day: 

There is undoubtedly going to be at least one day this spring break that is rainy, so a movie day is a great choice! The Hunger Games, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, and Twilight are all great series you can spend all day watching! Just stop by the grocery store to grab your favorite snacks, put your softest blanket in the dryer to make it warm, close your blackout curtains, and get ready for a great movie marathon! 

Photo courtesy of fojtovaana on Pinterest.

Go for a hike: 

Going for a hike is good for your physical and mental health, and it’s a cheap, easy option! All you need to do is fill up a water bottle and you’re set! But, if you want to be fancy, you can put on your favorite podcast/musician and bring a book or drawing materials to use when you get to your destination. Some popular places include Jerusalem Mill, Gunpowder Falls Trail, Harford Glen Park, and Loch Raven.  

Photo courtesy of Department of Environmental Conservation.

Go to an amusement park: 

If an exciting, adrenaline-filled day is what you’re looking for, going to an amusement park is another great choice. You’ll need to purchase tickets ahead of time and ensure that it isn’t going to rain, but this can provide a great opportunity for you to spend time with your friends and family while also not being stuck at home.  

Photo courtesy of U.S News Travel.