The Print

The Student News Site of Fallston High School

The Print

The Print

WVB: Cougars Kill the Mustangs

Our women’s varsity volleyball team fought a tight game last night, bringing the house down against C. Milton Wright, winning three out of five sets.  

After a tough back and forth, it ultimately came down to the final set where Fallston finished off the Mustangs in a score of 15-5. 

The Mustangs had a determined defense throughout the game, but the Cougars maintained a lead through the majority of it. Multiple times – especially in the third set – Fallston had a lead of ten points or more against CMW and took the first point in the third, fourth, and fifth sets.  

Fallston put up a fierce fight with senior captain, Kyra Douglass, out on the court hitting sixteen kills and six aces and junior Sam Ruth with four kills and twenty-eight assists. The crowd cheered them on with the fan favorite ‘ace cheer.’ 

After the game, senior captain Grace Pfaff commented, “I really liked the play that we ran from the outside when Kyra hit from the back row, it worked really well.”  

The girls rush to the ball as Jadin Woods gets ready for the kill.
Photo courtesy of Arianna Hernandez

Grace also played an amazing game as the libero with ten digs. “There was a fantastic play where Grace had a great ‘up,’ and then it went back over and then Lily had a great ‘up’ all in the same play and it went over and over again – it was awesome,” said Kyra Douglass.  

Last night was freshman Sloane Mister’s first ever high school game, in which she started off strong with a kill – way to go Sloane!  

Sophomore Mary Pfaff had four kills and sophomore Natalie Gross had four kills and two blocks. All in all, it’s clear to see this team is talented from front to back and has an exciting season ahead of them. 

“Fallston hung tough even when [they] got down, [and they] didn’t lose [any set] by much…it could have gone either way, but in the end, they were able to pull it together,” says Fallston’s Head Coach, Lana Douglass. 

With the final score up for everyone to see, the crowds ran to congratulate the girls on the court for their well-deserved win. “I’m just proud of our team and I’m really proud to be a part of this whole group of girls,” concluded Coach Douglass. 

If you missed this nailbiter of a game last night, you could make up for it by going to the next home game against Patterson Mill, September 14th.